A tasty and an aromatic chicken curry recipe that is too yummy to resist.
A unique combination of hot & spicy, sweet & sour delicious dish!
11/2 kg chicken on the bone
4-5 med onions, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
4-5 med tomato, pureed
2 med red bell peppers, cut in wedges
2-3 long red chillies, chopped
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
2-3 tbsp olive oil or ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
21/2 tbsp coriander powder
2 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 pinch sugar
2 inch cinnamon stick
4-5 green cardamom
salt to taste
1. Heat olive oil or ghee in a thick-bottomed pan. Add cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms and cook for half a minute.
2. Add onions and cook until golden brown. Add ginger paste and garlic paste and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes continuously.
3. Stir in the turmeric, coriander, cumin and red chilli powder. Mix well.
4. Add pureed tomato and stir. Cook until oil separates from the masala.
5. Add the chicken pieces, half the bell peppers, salt, sugar. Cook on high heat for 5-7 minutes.
6. Stir in about 11/2 – 2 cups water, bring to a boil, cover and cook on medium heat until the chicken is all most cooked.
Add the remaining bell pepper and cook about 5 minutes until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Hot with Basmati Rice or Bread of your choice along with Raita and Salad.
Coriander leaves, chopped and lemon wedges