Quick, Easy, Tasty and Different, Desi Quesadillas recipe is second to none.
Quesadillas have been adapted to many different styles but this combo is quite unique.
Desi Quesadillas is an Indo-Mexican fusion after adding a desi twist.
It is made with a combination of chicken, fresh salad and garden herbs and finished with a touch of Indian spices.
Quesadillas makes a perfect dish to share with family and friends. It can be served as an appetizer, snack or a main course.
500g cooked chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas
1 can corn kernels, drained
1 small red capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 small green capsicum, deseeded and diced
1 Spanish onion, diced
Handful of fresh mint, chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp dried red chilli, crushed
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil spray
- In a bowl, season the shredded chicken with salt, pepper, crushed red chilli and set aside.
- In another bowl prepare the salad mixture. Add the corn, red and green capsicum, Spanish onion and fresh mint and coriander and season with the remaining dry spices. Add lemon juice and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Lightly spray a non-stock fry pan with the cooking oil (do not spray near the open flame). Heat until medium hot.
- Place a tortilla on the pan. Top half the tortilla with some shredded chicken, salad mixture and grated cheese. Fold the tortilla over to form a semi-circle. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken, salad mixture and cheese.
- Cut the tortillas in half and arrange on a serving platter. Serve hot.
Serve: with fresh garden salad or sour cream, salsa, guacamole or mint chutney.