A good recipe with a perfect combination of healthy and a delicious super meal!
We all know the health benefits of Salmon. This type of fish has more nutritional benefits than one thinks! Salmon, especially the Atlantic variant, is high in protein, anti-oxidants, Vitamin A, vitamin B, calcium, potassium and essential fatty acids.
Salmon has earned its research reputation as a health-supportive food based largely on its unusual omega-3 fatty acid content. It’s very common for 4 ounces of baked or broiled salmon to contain at least 2 grams of omega-3 fats—more than the average adult gets from all food over the course of several days.
In this recipe, I have served the spiced Salmon with stir-fried Kale and cabbage with a desi touch. Kale as we know is also referred to as a healthy super food. The perfect combination for a delicious super meal!
4 fillets Atlantic salmon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp crushed red chilli flakes
1 tbsp cumin, ground
1 tbsp ginger, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp black pepper, ground
Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oil, chilli flakes, cumin, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add the fish fillets to the marinade mixture and coat well.
- Cover and place the fish in the refrigerator for about an hour or more until ready to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c
- Line a medium sized baking dish with foil and spray or coat the foil with cooking oil.
- Lay the marinated fish fillets in the baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 mins or more until cooked through. Rotate the tray half way through the cooking time to ensure even cooking and colour.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.
Serve: with vegetables or fresh salad of your choice.
*Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the fish and oven settings.