The rains can bring with them health irritants like allergies, infections and indigestion. However, there is no need to panic. Experts suggest small variations in eating habits can keep problems at bay.
Dos and and don’ts suggested by experts for the wet season.
* Go for green leafy vegetables
* Properly wash fruits and vegetables
* Eat barley, brown rice and oats
* Add garlic to soups, stir-fries and curries
* Avoid milk, have yogurt
* Drink more water
* Use anti-bacterial soap and face wash
* Use talcum powder to keep skin dry
* No oily food or spicy food
* No watermelons or muskmelons
* Not too much of mangoes
* In-take of dairy products should not be high
* Don’t ignore skin problems and allergies