Traditional Phirni with a Sweet variation for this Diwali.
A tasty dessert made with rice, milk and mango. This Creamy rice based dessert originally comes from Jammu and Kashmir. Phirni is pronounced as ‘firni’ This recipe of my favorite dessert is among the easiest to make and could takes you to a state of bliss almost instantly…
4 cups full cream milk
4 level rice (long grain soaked or rice flour)
3-4 green cardamom (seeds crushed)
4-5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp almonds grounded
pinch of saffron
2 tbsp mango, chopped pistachio nuts and saffron.
1. Dissolve the rice flour in a little of the milk and set aside.
2. Bring the rest of the milk to a gentle simmer, add the rice flour paste. Reduce heat, stir constantly for about 10-12 minutes until it thickens.
3. Stir in the sugar, cardamom, and ground almonds. Keep stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Remove from the heat and pour into serving dish or individual bowls. Allow to cool and place in the fridge to set.
5. Garnish with the crushed pistachios ,chopped mango and saffron.
6. Serve Chilled.