A unique Paneer delicacy, made with fresh seasonal fruits. An interesting, attractive and delightful dessert to enjoy this Diwali.
2 ½ cups full cream milk
1 ¾ cups paneer, grated
½ cup sugar
½ cup strawberries, chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp cardamom powder
2-3 drops rose essence
1. In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of milk and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. In a heavy bottom pot, boil remaining milk over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it come to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
4. Pour in the cornstarch and milk mixture.
5. Gently add in the milk and cornstarch mixture and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
6. Boil for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in the grated paneer and boil for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Add the sugar and continue stirring until a thick mixture is formed.
9. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries, cardamom powder and rose essence.
10. Pour into a large serving bowl or individual bowls as desired.
11. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until chilled.
12. Serve chilled.
With sliced strawberries and fresh mint leaf.
Serve cold with seasonal fruit of your choice like blueberries and mango. Alternatively, serve the kheer hot, garnished with pistachios and pine nuts.of your choice like blueberries and mango.