Snapper with Coriander-Chilli Sauce
This tasty fish dish will remind you of the aroma and flavors of Thailand.
The sauce can be cooked to suit your taste, from mild to spicy hot.
Just pour the sauce over the snapper for amazingly tasty dish.
Serves : 2
1 medium whole snapper
1 lemon juice
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp chilli paste
3 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 cup coriander, chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1/2 red capsium de-seeded and diced
1. Clean, wash and pat dry the fish. Make 2-3 diagonal cuts on the fish on both sides.
1. Marinate the fish with sea salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside while preparing the sauce.
2. Blend water, tamarind, garlic, sugar, coriander, chilli, and fish sauce in a food processor.
4. Cook the sauce in a sauce pan for few mins until a little reduced.
5. Add the sweet chilli sauce and capsicum and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
5. Taste the sauce for salt, sweet and sour and adjust the taste as desired. Cover and keep warm.
6. Grill or fry the fish about 5 minutes on each side, or until the flesh has browned and flakes easily.
7. To serve, place the fish and pour the hot sauce over. Serve immediately.
8. Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander and sliced cucumber, tomato and wedges of lemon.
9. Serve with Thai jasmine rice.