Get ready for some steamy, tasty and delicious fish curry recipes. Have twin fish dishes on your platter.
Recipe 1: Fish in curry leaf paste
Indian Curry Leaves are aromatic and very flavourful. They are also known to have many health benefits.
400g cat fish or small fish
2 cups fresh curry leaves
2 level tsp turmeric powder
5 cloves garlic – chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp black pepper paste
1 potato-boiled and mashed
2 dry red chilly or green chilli
2 tbs mustard oil plus extra for frying
Salt to taste
– Marinate the fish in salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder for 15 minutes. Shallow fry the marinated fish. Remove and keep them aside.
– Clean, wash and grind the curry leaves to a smooth paste with a little water.
– Heat 2 tbs oil. Add the red chillies and chopped garlic followed by the garlic and pepper paste.
– Fry slightly and then add the curry leaves paste and 1 tsp turmeric powder. Add some water and bring it to a boil.
– Add the mashed potato. Mix well to a smooth paste. Add the fish and 1/2 cup water and cook for 10 minutes.
– Remove and serve with plain rice.
Recipe 2: Fish Roe fritters
Roe is the egg masses of fish. Roe is prepared in different ways in different parts of the world. Roe from the Hilsa and Rohu fish is considered a delicacy.
– Remove eggs from membrane or sack.
– Break up the fish eggs into chunks.
– Add chopped onion, green chilli, and salt.
– Stir until well mixed. Add enough gram flour and mix until mixture stays together when formed into a small ball (should not feel soggy but stiff).
– Let it stand for half an hour. Add little water if required.
– Fry until brown in enough oil.