Enjoy delicious Methi Matar that will leave you wanting for more. This spicy Indian dish is sure to stimulate your taste-buds!
1 bunch fenugreek leaves – finely chopped
1 cup peas – cooked and drained
1 onion – chopped
2-3 green chillies
1 tsp. garlic – chopped
1 tsp. ginger – chopped or grated
1 cup soft lowfat paneer or silken tofu
1 cup milk
1 tsp. butter
1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 tsp. sugar
salt to taste
1. In a bowl, keep water to boil.
2. Add fenugreek leaves to this bowl and cover.
3. When water boils, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Once cooked, drain the hot water completely.
5. Next, grind onion, paneer, ginger, garlic, chilli into a smooth paste.
6. In a pan, heat butter. Then add cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
7. Next, add fenugreek leaves to this pan and saute for a minute. To the same pan, add the ground paste and milk.
8. Stir and bring to the milk to a boil. Now, add boiled peas.
9. Add sugar, salt and cook till gravy thickens.
10. Serve hot with roti/chapati.